The Headteachers’ Roundtable originated from a roundtable meeting on 12 October 2012 at The Guardian newspaper offices. It grew out of frustration regarding current government educational policy and the Opposition response to it. Its origins and subsequent growth are down to the power of Twitter as a tool for connecting people to try and bring about change where they feel it is needed.
We are a non-party political headteachers’ group operating as a think-tank, exploring policy issues from a range of perspectives. Our goal is to provide a vehicle for people working in the profession to influence national education policymakers so that education policy is centred upon what is best for the learning of all children.
Composition of the Core Headteachers’ Group January 2016
- Binks Neate-Evans – Headteacher, West Earlham Infant and Nursery School, Norwich
- Caroline Barlow – Headteacher, Heathfield Community College, East Sussex
- Chris McShane – Founding Member, Independent Consultant and Personal Development Coach
- Dave Whitaker – Executive Principal, Springwell (‘Special’) Community School and Barnsley PRU
- Duncan Spalding – Headteacher, Aylsham High School, Norfolk
- Helen Keenan – Headteacher, Brownhills School, Walsall
- Helena Marsh – Principal, Linton Village College & Executive Principal, Chilford Hundred Education Trust
- Jarlath O’Brien – Headteacher, Carwarden House Community School, Surrey
- John Tomsett – Headteacher, Huntington School, York
- Jon Chaloner – CEO of GLF Schools
- Keziah Featherstone – Headteacher, Bridge Learning Campus, Bristol
- Liam Collins – Headteacher, Uplands Community College, Wadhurst, East Sussex
- Rob Campbell – Headteacher, Impington Village College and Executive Principal, Impington Education Trust, Cambridge
- Rona MacKenzie – Principal, Lincoln UTC
- Ros McMullen – Founding Member, MD of RMCeducation Specialising in Leadership Development
- Sally Hamson – Headteacher, Wollaston Community Primary School, Nothamptonshire
- Stephen Tierney – Executive Director of Christ the King, St. Cuthbert’s & St. Mary’s Catholic Academies.
- Tom Sherrington – Headteacher, Highbury Grove School, Islington, London
- Vic Goddard – Principal, Passmores Academy, Harlow
In May 2014 we published a 10-point manifesto, outlining proposals for considersation in the run-up to the 2015 election.
Please contact us using the form below. We try to respond within a week except during school holidays: